From Thanksgiving to New Year’s Day is a time when there is an excess of goodies, chocolates and many carb-rich foods. They can be found both at work and at home. It is the lucky ones who don’t put on any weight during this time. But, now that it is January and the New Year has already started, it is common for many to make a resolution to exercise and lose weight. If you happen to have made one of these crazy resolutions: Good Luck. And I will help you. I will steer you in the direction of finding exercise clothes made in the USA. Hurray.
To start with, let us start with shoes. And when we talk about athletic shoes, there really is only one company still making athletic shoes in the USA: New Balance.
A classic silhouette gets its newest update just in time for winter with the 997 New Balance sneaker. ENCAP® midsole technology provides support for wear-anywhere comfort and the durable, premium suede/mesh upper helps protect your feet from the elements. Finished with cool color combinations inspired by lower temps and you have a quality sneaker, made for daily wear.
This is American craftsmanship. The 990 continues its 30-year legacy of great performance and iconic style with the new women’s 990v4 featuring reflective details that catch the light at night. It’s the perfect combination of cushioning and stability, wrapped up in a look that will last forever.
Made in USA craftsmanship meets wanderlust inspiration in the 1700 Age of Exploration. Designed and crafted in New England from premium materials, the men’s sneaker pays tribute to the desire for adventure with bold color combinations and a timeless look.
Next – Activewear. Below is from Yogasmoga
The U & Me Yoga Bra is our low support, strappy racer back bra. Lined in custom mesh for breathability. Made out of our exclusive AURUM®+ Augusta printed fabric.
Below is from SQN Sport– Luxury Active Wear for Women.
For men: Oliver’s Apparel has a great pair of work out shorts – great for running or working out. It comes in 6 different colors.
From Go Athletic Apparel – layering is very important when exercising in the cold.
Exercising at Night
Face it, the days (daylight hours) during wintertime are frightfully short, which means if you are going to be working outdoors there is a good chance that it will be when it is dark. And when it is dark, it can be dangerous. There is a company that specializes in clothing that can be seen at night. Its name is Illuminite. Below are two examples from Illuminite.
Exercising Where It is Extremely Cold
I have not forgotten my friends in the great Northern states. Of course, most enlighted people stay indoors once it is less than 20 degrees Fahrenheit. But for those of you who are diehards – whether it is skiing, (cross-country or downhill) or just snow-shoeing in the blinding snow, here are some clothes to keep you warm from Wintergreen Northern Wear.
Other Companies that Make Active Wear in the USA
- ALO (Yoga)
- Anue (Yoga)
- Beyond Yoga (Yoga)
- Castelli (bicycle clothing) (rare)
- Hard Tail (tops, sweatpants)
- Lucy (Yoga pants) rare
- LVR (yoga wear)
- Lysse (running pants, yoga tops, leggings)
- Nation LTD (sweatpants)
- New Balance (running shirts and shorts) rare
- Pink Lotus (yoga)
- pRana (yoga)
- Pure Karma (yoga)
- SODO (sweats pants, tops)
- Solow (Yoga, running)
- Soul, Mind, Breath, Life (yoga)
- Soul Flower (yoga)
- Splits59 (workout clothing, sport bra)
- SQN (workout clothing)
- Voler (bicycle clothing)
- UnderArmour (tops) rare
- Yogasmoga (Yoga, tops, bras, yoga pants) All med in USA.
- Adho Mukha Athletica (yoga and fitness)
- Aerotech (bicycle clothing)
- Aether (outdoor wear, leggings)
- AKWA (sweat pants)
- AST Sportswear (golf shirts, Yoga Pants)
- Blue Canoe (tops and leggings)
- Cana Collection
- Go Athletic Appeal (compression shorts and shirts)
- Handful – Sports Bra
- Hard Tail (Nordstrom’s, also)
- Hooked Production (Hiking)
- Ice Time Apparel (Hockey % Figure Skating)
- IllumiNite (Reflective Athletic Wear)
- Impact Fitness Wear (rare)
- My Boxercraft
- Nesh NYC (Ladies Yoga wear)
- OBX Outfitters (Ladies athletic tank)
- Oliver’s Apparel (Mens athletic shorts)
- Omgirl (yoga clothing)
- Physique (weightlifter & work out clothing)
- Pink Lotus (yoga wear, not all US made)
- Pistol Pete ( Men’s athletic area)
- Pure Karma
- SQN Sport (luxurious active wear)
- S.O.A.R.K. (Running Wear)
- Teeki (Yoga Clothing)
- Terrybicycles (bicycle apparel for women
- Swami (sweatshirts, mens shorts, women’s leggings)
- Voler (Bicycle apparel)
- Wild Things (Outdoor high tech clothing)
- WSI (usa2bc.com) – Microtech Long sleeve shirt
- 3:16 Athletic Wear (Running and biking clothes)
Have a Happy New Year and may the odds ever be in your favor.