As I reported two years ago, Orvis has made a real commitment to making Made in USA apparel. They have a very nice assortment of outerwear, especially leather coats, as well as a few other coats, all made in the USA. The merchandise and the American manufacturers have changed since my last entry (actually the original entry was from A Continuous Lean on October 8, 2010). Whereas, the original collection of “Made in USA” for Orvis was more of a hodgepodge, this year’s collection has a more classic and vintage look.
These are a couple of great sports coats from Orvis.
And these two jackets are on sale.
This last article of clothing had me intrigued. It is a pair of pants that are used by the California Highway Patrol motorcycle cops (remember CHIPS?). These pants are extra thick, rugged and durable. Yet they are soft and comfortable.
Even though Orvis is thought to be predominantly a man’s store, Orvis does carry some Ladies apparel “Made in the USA” as well. They have some blouses, dresses, pants and socks.
There are also Made in USA accessories such as , caps, gloves, multiple belts and shoes/boots made by Wolverine and Gokey. The Orvis website list 14 different American companies where they get there merchandise from:
- Gitman Oxford Shirt – Ashland, PA
- Traveler’s Hopsack Blazer – Cleveland, TN
- American Steerhide – Lynville, TN
- Engraved Brass Luggage Tags – Verona, WI
- Cotton and Leather Surcincle Belt – City of Industry, CA
- American Bison Thin Fold Leather Wallet – Littleton, NH
- Invisible Extra Socks – Northfield, VT
- Cotton Submariner’s Sweater – Fall River, MA
- Gokey Classic Double-Sole Mocs – Tipton MO
- World’s Finest Shearling Coat – Los Angeles, CA
- Packable Panama Hat – Fall River, MA
- Orvis Dress Chinos – Haverhill, MA
- Braided-Leather Bracelet – Littleton, NH
- Orvis Denim Carpenter Pants – Cadez, KY